RARE POSITION IN THE CENTRE OF DAYLESFORD
Sophisticated and polished, this exquisitely curated and highly versatile property is positioned in the high growth centre of Daylesford, presenting the ultimate country lifestyle just metres from the Vincent street cafes, galleries, and shopping.
Circa 1906, the main residence offers generous proportions with discrete period detailing and quality appointments to deliver serene interior spaces bathed in natural light.
The property comprises the owner’s home and two guest apartments - one in the main residence with its own entrance, and a separate studio dwelling at the rear. A side laneway provides private access to both guest apartments.
For those wanting to continue to ‘live in one and rent the other two’ there is nothing to do except move in and capitalise on the holiday rental market.
Versatility is a key feature of this property and the main residence can be easily restored to a spacious family/generational three bedroom home by recombining the owners residence and one of the guest apartments.
For the astute investor or those wishing to value add to this blue chip location the property is being sold with recent planning approval for subdivision of the main house from the studio at the rear, including approval for a north facing extension of the studio.
The property is further future-proofed with a valuable Commercial Zoning. With its absolutely central location this superb property offers other exciting possibilities, for example gallery with owner/manager quarters, retail, therapy or restaurant (STCA).
The property is currently offered as:
• Owner’s residence: North facing aspect with all rooms having access to the deck. Wide entry hallway, front living room, adjacent meals/study, one bedroom with storage hub. Stainless steel kitchen with Smeg applicances. Bathroom with feature leadlight window. Large elevated entertaining deck and gazebo
• Guest apartment 1 (within the main residence and accessed via side lane): Apartment 1 provides relaxing self-contained guest accommodation with a private entrance and courtyard. One bedroom, lounge, bathroom and stylish kitchenette.
• Guest apartment 2 (Studio): The separate studio located at the rear of the property has been purposely designed to provide spacious modern accommodation. High ceilings, parquetry flooring and quality fittings provide elegant light filled living areas. Open plan living with bifold doors opening to the north facing deck. Kitchenette, bedroom and bathroom
• Main residence has 11 foot ceilings, tall windows, original Baltic pine flooring
• Heating/cooling: Main residence including apartment 1 has separately zoned hydronic heating plus split systems. Owner’s home also has a wood heater plus 2 open fireplaces. Studio has split system
• Well insulated, plus acoustic insulation between owner’s home and Apartment 1
• Gas hot water services
• All services connected – electricity, natural gas, town water, sewerage, NBN
• Low maintenance landscaped gardens with water reticulation system
• Commercial Zoning – Hepburn Shire
• Planning approval for subdivision of the main house & studio; includes studio entry/vehicle access via southern laneway, and north facing extension of the studio
• Land area approx. 674 sq.m. with laneway access along southern boundary