OAK HOUSE – FOR LOVERS OF NATURE & TRANQUILLITY
Currently operating as successful guest accommodation, Oak House is a rare find for anyone who wishes to enjoy the best of country-town convenience with the beauty and tranquillity of nature. Nestled close Wombat State Forest, just 2 minutes' drive to the centre of Daylesford and only a few minutes' walk from the pure & naturally carbonated mineral water of the Tipperary Springs, it is an ideal property for anyone who loves nature and all that it offers.
Sited at the rear of a large 1308 sq.m. allotment (approx one-third acre) Oak House has the versatility to suit all needs - perfect as a luxury getaway, artist's retreat, healing centre, AirBnB business, or simply a spacious family home.
• LOUNGE ROOM - The perfect place to entertain guests with sliding doors that open into the dining room / kitchen area to expand the entertaining space. Features a large Ned Kelly wood heater with gorgeously designed stone and a copper hearth
• DINING ROOM / KITCHEN - Open plan dining room / kitchen. The modern kitchen combines functionality with elegance, featuring granite bench tops and stainless steel finishes that harmonise beautifully with top-of-the-range appliances - Miele induction stove top, a Choice Magazine recommended Electrolux oven, and powerful Asko dishwasher. Intelligent space-saving layout, plenty of cupboard space, walk-in pantry, and rolling shelves in corner cupboards to help utilize all available space
• BEDROOMS – With four bedrooms in the main part of the house, a large studio and a bungalow, Oak House boasts plenty of sleeping quarters. All four bedrooms have built-in-robes and large picture windows looking out into nature. The master bedroom also has a luxurious ensuite
• BUNGALOW - The beautiful timber bungalow is the ideal space for a study, spare bedroom or cosy meditation retreat. Fully insulated (floors, walls and ceilings)
• STUDIO - Refreshingly cool in summer with double brick walls, warm in winter courtesy of a second Ned Kelly wood heater, this is the perfect artist's studio. With expansive views over the surrounding bushland, it will both nourish your creativity and inspire productivity
• BATHROOMS - Both the ensuite bathroom and main bathroom are fitted with beautiful brass shower heads and taps, elegant tiling, granite bench tops and distinctive tempered glass basins. The main bathroom also includes a modern, spacious spa. For convenience, there is a beautifully fitted separate shower room
• LAUNDRY ROOM - Granite bench tops, bamboo flooring and plenty of cupboard space.
• SUNROOM / CONSERVATORY - Feel part of the garden in the north facing sunroom
• GARDEN - The spacious garden affords bushland views on three sides, shade in summer, and plenty of sunlight in winter. Well-established yet low maintenance, it has been carefully crafted to include variety and beauty. Apple trees, plum trees, a pear and a nashi pear. Oaks, cherry blossoms, a majestic ghost gum and a host of stately European trees create a soothing sanctuary.
• OTHER FEATURES - Oak House has environmentally friendly solar panels (connected to the grid). To help bring in more natural light, Oak House has seven skylights. Hypoallergenic pure wool carpet throughout the bedrooms, lounge room and hallway. Luxurious Bamboo flooring throughout dining, kitchen and laundry. Land area 1308 sq.m (approx one-third acre) with unused roadway on western boundary. Walking tracks to Wombat State Forest.