OLD NEWLYN MECHANICS INSTITUTE AND HALL c1866
Steeped in history and offered for the first time in 25 years is this charming old Mechanics Institute, hall & library. Located in the picturesque Newlyn Township 18 kms from Daylesford and only 26 kms from the Ballarat CBD. Here is a unique opportunity to own a historically significant property with intact period features in a highly sought-after position.
The former Mechanic Institute and library were officially opened in 1886 and features a decorative, timber mansard ceiling and a large memorial window. In 1924 there was a further addition of a large room for concerts and dancing followed in 1930 with a porch and smoking room.
The property has for many, many years been successfully run as the Newlyn Antique and Cottage Garden Nursery but is equally suited for a diverse range of uses including a gallery, exhibition space, function centre, restaurant, café or conversion into a funky permanent residence or weekender.
• Large 2461m2 site [ 0.6 Acre] approx
• Wide timber floor boards
• Stage area and adjacent change rooms
• Decorative timber mansard ceiling
• Period details with gothic style windows
• 255 m2 [approx.] building area plus shed, glasshouse and outbuilding
• Town water, electricity, and 30 panel solar installation