Rare Offering in Historic Guildford – The European Life on Almost an Acre
Situated less than 20 minutes to Daylesford and 10 minutes to Castlemaine in the rural hamlet of Guildford this recently improved and well-presented property offers many possibilities. With 3 lettable areas, this home could also provide an income for the permanent or holiday letting market. The original right-hand side building is circa 1860’s with a two-story brick extension to the left, and multiple entrances.
The main entrance through beautiful, large timber doors leads onto a Tuscan style paved courtyard connecting the various spaces of the property. The original part of the home features a separate entrance and lovely entry room with spiral staircase, large main bedroom, bathroom with shower/bath and open plan kitchen/dining with large wood heater, bespoke concrete benches and smeg and bosch appliances. This gorgeous space opens up to the rear courtyard with separate bedroom/office space hidden amongst the climbing roses. There is also a fully independent self-contained one-bedroom space that has been recently updated to the last detail with mezzanine bedroom, modern kitchenette and bathroom. In the west wing, downstairs features a generous full laundry/studio space and versatile workshop/bedroom with a second thermal-mass wood heater. And upstairs now features two-bedrooms, separate toilet and bathroom with beautiful claw-foot bath and walk in robe. Bespoke, locally-crafted cabinetry features throughout all spaces. There are also large, north-facing, double-glazed windows plus back-up panel heating in almost every room to add extra comfort. Outside the gardens have been lovingly tended and feature several mature fruit trees, vegetable gardens, large chicken hutch and a large fenced paddock to the rear perfect for a couple of sheep. A lockable, concrete-floored workshop and a composting toilet with adjacent wood-storage area complete this European-inspired, hidden gem.
- Approx. 3500m2 land size Zoned Township (TZ)
- Mains power & water, bottled gas, grey-water reed bed and septic system, telephone line, Satellite NBN
- 6 solar panels, solar hot water system, two wood fires, one with wet back hot water system
- Established fruit producing trees and ornamental and vegetable garden beds surrounded with stone walling
- Town water, bore water and 20,000 L water tank
- Easy walking distance to Guilford General Store, Guilford oval, pub, tennis/cricket facilities and public park
- Most furnishings and appliances available to successful purchaser
Inspections are offered by private appointment and highly recommended.