Food, Beverage & Hospitality business for sale in Daylesford
Galley Diner is well located on the main entry street to Daylesford, next to the Bendigo Bank and opposite the Post Office, Tourist Info Centre and Daylesford primary school.
Galley Diner is one of a handful of licensed casual dining venues in town that has enough seating for large groups—located on Vincent Street with large windows in a prime iconic location. The building is a boutique establishment with a wide shady veranda.
Galley Diner is the only “burger and rib” restaurant in Hepburn Shire. It has a strong following for Dine-in, Takeaway and Delivery. Well known for quality food in an approachable dining setting, no-frills, kids friendly and great service.
Their food focuses on quality ingredients and making everything in-house from scratch.
Diners are a broad group of locals and tourists with a very strong following.
Consistently busy all year round, peak sales are weekends with high tourist traffic, especially
through winter as Daylesford is a destination to visit. School term break and public holidays are also busy times.
Low food and beverage costs with very good cash flow make this a solid investment. Currently open lunch and dinner there is room for extended hours or breakfast with a large opportunity for growth — a perfect first business or for an owner-operator who has experience in the hospitality industry. The town, tourists and locals respond well to quality establishments.
This presents an excellent opportunity for a new owner to either continue to grow the business on its current path or seek more profit by expanding the service. Being only one and a half hours from Melbourne the clientele appreciates a great coffee and a quality establishment that is run by friendly people, you will thrive here.
• Impressive cash flow since day one
• 6 years trading strongly
• Licensed, a great reputation, strong reviews, long lease, 60 seaters
• A very manageable space which keeps wages in line and profits healthy
• Perfect for a husband and wife team or an experienced operator
• These businesses do not come around often
• The current owner is also happy to stay on in a part-time capacity for as long as it takes to ensure a successful transition to new ownership
• The business is currently run by semi-under management with a mixture of full-timers and casuals
• Long secure lease with options 3 x 5 x 5 years
• Rent: $3,400 pm
• Allowable trading times 7 days a week - 11:30am - 4 pm & 5pm-8 pm
• General Liquor Licence - 10am-10pm, 50pax
• Size of premises 250 square metres
• Full commercial kitchen and storage with large walk in cool room
• Outdoor seating area
• Excellent quality fixtures, fittings and equipment