Escape From The City - Take Advantage of Stamp Duty Concession for Commercial Sales
Located on the main street of historic gold mining town Clunes, and currently home to the owners' Time Travellers vintage store, this wonderful property is full of character with a colourful history of use since its establishment in 1864.
Comprising 2 large main rooms, kitchen and bathroom facilities, the owners have retained the gorgeous original features of the building while incorporating modern-day equipment and fittings.
The building is an integral part of the charismatic streetscape of this wide thoroughfare that has featured in a number of local and international film productions including Mad Max, Ned Kelly, The Leftovers and Picnic at Hanging Rock.
An easy 30 min drive to Daylesford, 10 minutes to Creswick and 20 minutes to Ballarat.
Inspections by advance appointment only.
• Historic timber building with many original features
• Gallery-retail space, bed/sitting room with wood fire, French doors to private secure courtyard and access to rear street (Purcell Street)
• Commercial kitchen has stainless steel benches, fridge, gas stove, extractor (previously a café, wine bar & intimate music venue).
• Central bathroom (disabled access) with toilet and vanity. Second toilet and storage area
• Commercial grade reverse cycle heating/airconditioning. Ceiling fans, stylish lighting
• 3 phase power, town water & sewerage. LP gas
• Clunes is located 139 km from Melbourne, 40 km from Daylesford and 34 km from Ballarat
• Surrounded by farmland and rolling hills, the town is home to around 1800 residents and has a friendly, supportive and diverse community enjoying a wide variety of interests
• Clunes was the site of the first gold discovery in Victoria in 1850 and many of its wide streets and elegant historic buildings have been preserved. It is recognised as one of the architecturally most-intact gold towns in Victoria.
• A member of the International Organisation of Booktowns - Clunes is the only such town in Australia to be recognised internationally and hosts an annual Booktown festival attracting large numbers of visitors
• The town is also home to the regional campus of Wesley College
Stamp duty concession information provided by State Revenue Office Victoria: For transactions entered into on or after 1 July 2020 and before 1 July 2021, the concession is a 20% reduction in duty payable at general rates.
As part of its coronavirus relief measures, announced on 13 September 2020, the Victorian Government has brought forward the 50% stamp duty concession. The discount will apply to contracts entered into on or after 1 January 2021 to buy commercial or industrial property in regional Victoria.