23 Hectares (57 Acres) Off Grid Environmental Property near Daylesford
This exceptional property is perfect for your sustainable lifestyle dream. Located in Denver the property is just 15 mins from Daylesford and Kyneton, 20 minutes to Woodend, and around 90 minutes from Melbourne CBD.
Land area in total is 23 hectares (approx. 57 acres) comprising 16 hectares of high quality grassy forest with protective Trust for Nature covenant, 5 hectares of revegetation with native seed orchard and 2 hectares surrounding the house with fruit trees and vegetable gardens including a large well established asparagus bed.
The charismatic handcrafted 2 bedroom solar passive residence is sited in a clearing sheltered by the tall native forest. Double glazed throughout, the residence features a unique thermal mass design with mudbrick interior and Californian Redwood exterior cladding, massive timber supporting poles and beautifully detailed timber joinery.
Nearby is a converted railway guard van providing additional comfortable accommodation or ideal as a private studio. It has extensive shelving, wood heater, power and is protected by an engineered canopy.
Additional shedding includes lockup workshop/garage, garden and power system sheds, and hot house/greenhouse.
There are 2 environmental dams - one is a large lake-like dam set amongst the bushland, the other in the paddock area and fed by a pretty creek with runoff from the house area.
A comprehensive information sheet, environmental report, tree species map, plant and bird lists are all available upon request.
Inspections by advance appointment only.
• Off grid solar passive residence has spacious open plan living-dining-kitchen area with soaring timber lined ceilings, 2 bedrooms, bathroom, laundry, 2 toilets
• Freestanding Ned Kelly wood heater, plus hydronic heating powered by kitchen wood stove (there is also a gas stove)
• 3Kva off-grid solar system with 18 solar panels, 24 new batteries
• 3 rainwater tanks with 115,400 litres total capacity, 2 dams. Water supply to house via high capacity pressure pump
• 4G mobile coverage, NBN satellite internet, worm farm septic system
• Advanced bushfire alleviation sprinkler system
• Converted railway guard van with wood heater, power and engineered protection canopy.
• Workshop/garage, garden & power system sheds, hothouse/greenhouse
• Farming Zone - Hepburn Shire Council
• Huge diversity of vegetation in the Vulnerable Valley Grassy Forest ecosystem. A safe haven for a great variety of native animals and birds. There are 160 species of native plants listed for the property including 12 threatened species
• All the animal and bird photos shown are taken as they were seen from the house. Intimate views of the daily lives of the native wildlife are a constant accompaniment to living in this secluded spot
• 5 ha native seed orchard, these plants have been used to collect native seed and sold only through a website. This has given an income of over $6,000/year. New owners can continue this, if they want to, and advice and photos will be given at no charge. The plants can just be enjoyed if seed collection is not continued https://www.victoriannativeseed.com.au/