Contemporary Rural Retreat on 17 Acres, 20 Minutes from Daylesford
A leisurely 20 minute drive from Daylesford through picturesque rural scenery brings you to this stunning property nestled amongst the historic hills of Yandoit. The superbly presented eco-designed 3 bedroom contemporary residence is set high on approx 7.05 hectares (17.4 acres) of light native bushland and is surrounded by established attractive drought tolerant gardens with meandering pathways and seating areas.
Eco-friendly materials, natural finishes and craftsman-built details feature throughout the home. Wide verandahs offer sheltered outdoor living all year while the north facing terrace sited amidst the gardens and with views to Mount Tarrengower provides the perfect setting for outdoor dining.
The property is serviced by mains power with a grid connected solar system, wood heating and ample water storage. There is also a huge separate steel framed shed with verandah close to the house - ideal for vehicle storage, workshop or artist’s studio.
Perfect for those seeking to acquire a secluded contemporary rural retreat for family home or weekender.
Inspection by appointment only.
• Downstairs: Spacious open plan living-dining-kitchen, huge bedroom with sitting area/office space with access to terrace, bathroom with bath, shower, dual vanities with granite benchtop, toilet
• Kitchen has handcrafted timber joinery, electric & gas cooking, display shelving. Overlooks and opens directly to the wide north facing terrace
• Upstairs: wide sitting area – ideal for study or retreat, 2 large bedrooms both with roof lantern structures that provide excellent illumination
• Interiors freshly painted throughout
• Established gardens feature drought tolerant & exotic plantings, vegetable & herb beds, winding pathways, sheltered terraces, firepit and a delightful pond
• Huge steel lockup shed/workshop has bathroom with shower & toilet plus laundry facilities. Large internal lockup storeroom
• Large chicken run, various garden and store shedding
• Mains power with grid connected 2Kw solar system. ADSL 2 internet, mobile coverage & landline telephone
• Bushland dam plus 100,000 litres of rainwater storage. Additional 22,500 elevated tank that can be filled from dam for garden watering
• Property is 7.053 hectares (17.43 acres) Farming Zone FZ Hepburn Shire
• Located in historic Yandoit where there are many fascinating buildings and reminders of the Swiss-Italian settlement in 1800’s. Very private yet close to Yandoit Primary school, Yandoit tennis public courts
• 20 minute drive to both Daylesford or Castlemaine, where there is railway service to Melbourne